27 November 2015

My last sleeping night

Last night I was working until 1:00 because I had to meet a deadline. When I went to bed I was very tired. I had had a difficult day with a lot of mishaps and I felt absolutely shattered.
I went to bed and, fortunately, I was fast asleep but a “fascinating” travel started. I was in the cockpit of an airplane next to the pilot. I was the co-pilot, but I don´t know anything about as piloting an airplane! It was the first time that I was in a cockpit; in front of me it there was the instrument panel with many lights and buttons. We were flying from Madrid to New York. At the beginning of the fly flight, the pilot taught me to use the controls but it was very difficult to for me. After an hour, he said told me if I wanted I could sleep a few little before we arrived to in New York. I had was very tired and I took his advice and I fell asleep out of exhaustion. I don’t know how long I was sleeping but I woke up when I noticed some turbulences. I opened my eyes I looked around and I was really surprised because the pilot wasn’t in his seat! I thought, “It’s possible he’s in the bathroom”, but he didn’t come back and I decided to go to looking for him. I got up from out of my seat, I opened the door and I was absolutely amazed because there was no one… I was alone in the airplane… I was scared to death!
I came back to the cockpit, I sat down and closed my eyes, and after a few minutes I fell asleep once again. When I woke up at 3:00 I was very confused and I felt extremely strange. I was more exhausted than when I went to bed, I was very nervous and there wasn’t any plane…!? But in the pillow there were some wing badges like the ones pilots takes have in the reverse of their jackets. I didn’t understand anything… It was seven o’clock and my alarm clock rang. I had had a sleep inside a sleep. I felt absolutely worn out!

Great composition Mayte!!! very fluent piece of writing, you know how to catch the reader's attention; very good use of vocabulary: gradable and strong adjectives, adverbs, collocations, phrasal verbs... 
Check the mistakes regarding prepositions: arrive in, get up out of, difficult for; adjectives in -ing or -ed: fascinating;the difference between said and told; and the difference between few and little. 
Thanks a lot, you're doing a terrific task in English ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot Mayte!! I'll check it and make the comments. It looks great as always

    ReplyDelete