11 November 2015

My last Holidays...

I LOVE NEW YORK

I always wanted to go to New York. Since I did have done it, I always want to go back to New York. I like urban tourism, and when we were preparing for our trip, we (saw) read many tourist guides and we spent any some time re-watching films on in which New York appears appeared.

When we arrived, we was were surprised by a very big city, with very big buildings, and very high human activity. We couldn’t imagine that it was possible. Quickly, we went to the hotel to leave our luggage and began to walk across the city. It was a wonderful week, that I hope I can repeat at in the future.

The first day, I walked around 21 kilometres, going from Midtown to uppertown until Harlem, and going later to Battery Park, in on the opposite side of Manhattan island, to see the statue of Liberty from distance, and come back to our hotel.

When I travel, I like spending the first day walking around; that helps me to decide what things I want to do the next days. At In this travel, the best visit in New York isn’t visit the museums, buildings or stores, is foot but to walk around the city.

The second day, we took our guide notes, and went with other people to make on a guided tour by car. After this, we bought some hot dogs and coke and went to Central Park to make an unexpected picnic. At In the afternoon, the Empire State Building was waiting for us. We were nervous about the lift that had to transport us to building the roof. I choosed chose the late afternoon to go up the Empire State, because we love photograhy, and we wanted to take photos of New York at in the afternoon and at evening, to compare them. Photos of Times Square are really amazing at in the evening. Lights of advertisements (made) created a very special atmosphere.

The next days, we visited a few museums, Brooklin Bridge, Central Park again and again, Rockefeller Center, and a lot shops and restaurants. I’m very pleased with good food, and a travel is not complete if I can’t taste try the gastronomy and flavours from the place I’m visiting. In that case, steak house and lobster restaurants made me feel good.


New York, I love you, I miss you…

Well done Fran!! we still have a lot of work to do with prepositions and articles. 
- In the morning / afternoon / evening but at night 
- Want to + infinitive / Like + verb-ing
- The first / second / next day
- Choose (irregular verb) - chose - chosen
- Next class we'll have a look at the difference between try and taste
A few adjectives followed by prepositions have been used (surprised, nervous, pleased). You could have mentioned something you were disappointed with, satisfied with, keen on, worried about, an embarrassing situation...
In terms of structure it is a good idea to divide the composition according to the different days you spent there. Good use of vocabulary: atmosphere, unexpected, made me feel...

1 comment:

  1. Well done Fran!! I'll have a closer look in order to give you appropriate feedback. Thanks for posting it up!!

    ReplyDelete