17 November 2015

My Last Holidays

When I started the summer holidays last year I was very upset. I was sick so I couldn't go to the trip that I had planned with my friends. When I felt better, I decided I deserved to have a good holiday.

I was in touch with someone who was organizing trips around Iceland by van and some days afterwards I prepared the backpack and I took a plane to Reykjavik.

The days before i I felt very excited. I had always wanted to travel to Iceland. I'm keen on outdoor activities and from my point of view, there are some of the most beautiful  landscapes in the world.

By the time a red van arrived to pick me up from the airport I had already met the other travelers, a young couple from Italy and two French boys who travelled on their own like me.

We went hiking next to rivers and superb waterfalls, close to cliffs and black sand beaches, glaciers and mountains. We went along lagoons full of icebergs by kayak and we climbed volcanoes....

It was an interesting experience, I felt calm and pleased. Now, when I'm fed up with work or my son gets on my nerves I try to remember it !!!

Hi Carme, I've made a few more corrections, but in general it looks great. I'm really glad you've used some of the vocabulary we've seen these last few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot Carme!! I'll have another look at it just in case. You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete