28 October 2015

B1 class 28/10/2015

We have started the class today with the idiom of the day: couch potato. Elias came up with an interesting theory about its meaning: an ugly sofa; nice try, but he got it wrong. I'll write a post tomorrow about this idiom.

Then, after giving the compositions back, we had a look at some of the mistakes that appeared frequently on some of the compositions:

- Arrive at + building, place. The police arrived at the crime scene.
- Arrive in + city, country. We'll arrive in New York tomorrow at 6 pm.

- Verbs with the preposition at followed by the noun home:
   Stay, sleep, be, eat at home. I don't feel like going out tonight, I'll stay at home.
- Verbs with no preposition followed by the noun home:
  Arrive, go, drive, walk Æ home. Don't take the bus, I'll drive you home.

Afterwards we continued checking the homework. Questions from exercise 6 page 7 were asked out loud among students and then in pairs to practise questions & answers in different tenses. Then we read out loud the text from page 8 and checked the exercise 4 from page 9.

To finish the lesson we had a look at the grammar point on page 9: Positive and negative forms, words and phrases.
Complete this sentence: I've gone blind, I can't see with ______ of my eyes.

For homework, exercise 6 from page 9 and exercise 1 from page 10.

See you on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment